Thursday, 6 November 2014

Brief

For the major project this semester we have to create a sound design from a short clip of a film. We could chose our own clip or pick on of the clips of blackboard, we have to create the sound design for one of the three minutes clips creating, atmosphere, tone and emotion, using midi keys boards and Foley sounds.

The clips we could choose from where: The Road, Oblivion, Solaris, There Will Be Blood and finally Delicatessen. I haven’t seen any of the films, which I though would be a problem, however not seeing the films means I’m not influenced by any of the decisions the sound designer have made. After first glance there are two films that I really like, The Road and Delicatessen. 




The road I see, as been a very atmospheric film, capturing the emptiness of the post-apocalyptic world. I think the clip really opens it self up to off screen space, old radio playing/crackling, dogs, wolves, crows and so on.





Delicatessen is quite different with the road you have the chance to be quite experimental while Delicatessen you need quite a realistic sound design meaning that everything needs to sound like it would do in real life, the knife sharpening, the machinery, the footsteps and so on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment