Tuesday, 16 December 2014

More editting


I recorded the atmos in my back garden, which looks over the botanical gardens, I planned to get a couple of recording of birds and other wildlife moving about. I wasn’t quite sure if the microphone was working so I light tapped the side of it. However once I added the reverb, the slight taps on the microphone made the piece really atmospheric, the reverb help create the feeling of that things where happening around them.  I got the recoding of the dog which I pitched down using the elastic properties tool, this makes the dog sound a lot more aggressive.

I must a spent at least 4 hours editing footsteps alone, as the piece is mainly two them walking I wanted to match this sound as close as I could.  With the footsteps I added a 7 band EQ to get rid of the unwanted high frequencies of birds. The footsteps when they are walking on the snow was created using corn flour which we learnt about in our Foley workshop.


Top Part of timeline



Middle section of timeline



Bottom  part of timeline





No comments:

Post a Comment