In todays seminar we presented our sound design piece. I was
the first to present and I was looking forward to finding out what people
thought. I briefly explained my influences, been Fallout and how I went about
creating the tree falling and the trolley sounds. I did all my mixing sound
design using headphones so I was a little worried about how it was going to
sound through speakers.
Overall the piece sounded really good, there where a couple
of sounds that I noticed that where a little too high in the mix, where all the
delicate sounds like the bag rustling and the metal clunk in the petrol station.
The feedback I got was mostly positive, they thought the atmos tracked work
really well, the old radio made the piece seem quite haunting. I was a little
worried that I added so many sounds that there made the piece quite cluttered
and all you wouldn’t be able to pick out the individual sounds. However that wasn’t
the case, the only negative feedback I got was to do with levels and mixing, I think
lots a people had a similar problem as everyone edited through headphones and
not had chance to test it on speakers.
No comments:
Post a Comment