I then started to create the sound of the trolley. I had quite a lot of sounds of different objects rolling across my room, but decided that the empty metal cans seem to sound better. I made two different tracks and looped the wheel sound 8 times and slowed one of the tracks down so the wheels where playing at different speeds. The squeak was created by stretching the clip out slight using elastic properties, I added a fade out and placed them very low in the mix. I then added the bottle shaking then played around with the mix. I decided to leave out the sounds of the rubbish and metal shaking as it made the clip sound quite musical as lots of the clips are on loops.
Wednesday, 10 December 2014
Tree falling & Trolley Pro Tools
The first part of the film I decided to edit was the tree failing, the clip will only last about 4 seconds in the film but consist of about 32 single sounds. The first thing I did was add a marker for when the tree hit the floor, I then add the loud thud, gravel hitting the floor, large snap and the rest of the sounds of the branches breaking. Before the tree falls I added another loud and a squeak from a door. The sounds where placed in no particular order and there was a lot of trial n error before I got the sounds in the right order. I then added reverb and distortion to ever track before then bouncing the file to put in the main timeline.
I then started to create the sound of the trolley. I had quite a lot of sounds of different objects rolling across my room, but decided that the empty metal cans seem to sound better. I made two different tracks and looped the wheel sound 8 times and slowed one of the tracks down so the wheels where playing at different speeds. The squeak was created by stretching the clip out slight using elastic properties, I added a fade out and placed them very low in the mix. I then added the bottle shaking then played around with the mix. I decided to leave out the sounds of the rubbish and metal shaking as it made the clip sound quite musical as lots of the clips are on loops.
I then started to create the sound of the trolley. I had quite a lot of sounds of different objects rolling across my room, but decided that the empty metal cans seem to sound better. I made two different tracks and looped the wheel sound 8 times and slowed one of the tracks down so the wheels where playing at different speeds. The squeak was created by stretching the clip out slight using elastic properties, I added a fade out and placed them very low in the mix. I then added the bottle shaking then played around with the mix. I decided to leave out the sounds of the rubbish and metal shaking as it made the clip sound quite musical as lots of the clips are on loops.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment